Based on the transformer core constructure, it can be divided into core type transformers, shell type transformers and Berry type transformers.
Berry transformer is also called toroidal transformer, which is a large type of electronic transformer and has been widely used in home appliances and other electronic equipment with high technical requirements. Its main use is as a power transformer and an isolation transformer. Berry transformers have a complete series abroad and are widely used in computers, medical equipment, telecommunications, instruments and lighting.
Berry Transformer Product Classification
Berry transformers can be divided into three types: standard type, economic type and isolation type. The characteristics of each type are:
1. Standard power transformer products
The capacity of the series is 8~1500VA, with a small voltage regulation rate, and the temperature rise at full load is only 40°C, allowing short-term overload operation, which is suitable for applications with high requirements. The primary and secondary windings are insulated with B-grade (130°C) polyester film, and at least three layers of insulating tape are required to withstand the withstand voltage test of AC 4000V for 1min.
2. Economical power transformer products
The capacity of the series is 50～1500VA. On the basis of ensuring the performance, we strive to reduce the cost. It is suitable for continuous operation without overloading. The operating temperature rise is 60°C, and the insulating material grade is A (105°C). When the output is full, the output The voltage error is less than 3%.
3. Isolation transformer products
Series capacity 50 ~ 1000VA, can be divided into two series for industrial and medical equipment. The isolation transformer focuses on its insulation performance. The primary and secondary are wrapped with at least 4 layers of B-class insulation polyester film, and the breakdown voltage is greater than 4000V. All primary leads must be double-insulated wires. The maximum temperature rise of the transformer is lower than 45℃.
Medical isolation transformers
In addition to meeting the above requirements, the isolation transformer for medical use should also meet the UL544 standard, that is, the primary and secondary windings should have thermal protection, and the distance between the winding and the ground copper shield should be greater than 13mm
Features of Berry Transformers
1. The core of the Berry transformer is made of continuous continuous oriented silicon steel strips. After annealing, it will form a highly consistent magnetic flux guidance. At the same time, the winding of the Berry transformer is tightly covered with the Berry core for winding. , the magnetic flux density is higher because the Berry transformer can achieve a high electrical efficiency of 95%
2. Less vibration noise The iron core has no air gap, which can reduce the noise of the induced vibration of the iron core, and the windings evenly and tightly wrap the annular iron core, effectively reducing the "hum" sound caused by magnetostriction.
3. Low operating temperature Because the iron loss can reach 1.1W/kg, the iron loss is very small, the temperature rise of the iron core is low, and the winding has a good heat dissipation on the iron core with a lower temperature, so the temperature rise of the transformer is low.
4. Easy installation The Berry transformer has only one installation screw in the center core, which is especially easy to quickly install and disassemble in electronic equipment.
1. The standard power transformer product series has a capacity of 8 to 1500VA, has a small voltage regulation rate, and has a full-load operation temperature rise of only 40°C, allowing short-term overload operation, suitable for applications with high requirements. The primary and secondary windings are insulated with B-grade (130°C) polyester film, and at least three layers of insulating tape are required to withstand the withstand voltage test of AC 4000V for 1min.
2. The capacity of economical power transformer product series is 50～1500VA.
3. The capacity of the isolation transformer product series is 50-1000VA, and all primary leads must be double-insulated wires. The maximum temperature rise of the transformer is lower than 45℃. In addition, medical isolation transformers are also required to be equipped with a temperature protection switch on the primary winding. When the iron core temperature reaches 120°C, the temperature protection switch is disconnected. When the temperature returns to normal, the switch is automatically reset and closed.
Advantages of Berry Transformers
The iron core of the Berry transformer is made of high-quality cold-rolled silicon steel sheets (the sheet thickness is generally below 0.35mm), which is rolled seamlessly, which makes its core performance better than the traditional laminated core. The coil of the Berry transformer is evenly wound on the iron core, and the direction of the magnetic field lines generated by the coil almost completely coincides with the magnetic circuit of the iron core. Describe a series of advantages.
1. The iron core with high electrical efficiency has no air gap, and the stacking coefficient can be as high as 95% or more. The no-load current is only 10% of the laminated type.
2. Small size and light weight Berry transformers can reduce the weight by half compared to laminated transformers. As long as the cross-sectional area of the iron core is kept equal, the Berry transformer can easily change the ratio of the length, width and height of the iron core, and can be designed to meet the requirements. .
3. The magnetic interference is small. The iron core of the Berry transformer has no air gap, and the windings are evenly wound on the Berry iron core. This structure leads to small magnetic leakage and small electromagnetic radiation. High-sensitivity transformers can be used without additional shielding. Electronic equipment, such as low-level amplifiers and medical equipment.
4. Less vibration and noise. The iron core has no air gap to reduce the iron core.
The application fields of various Berry transformers are as follows:
1. Audio equipment
Among the Berry transformer products of this factory, there are first and foremost products that are well-known in audio equipment. Such as high-performance products that can be used as power transformers in Class 3 high-power hi-fi amplifiers and power transformers for medium and small power audio equipment. High-quality Berry transformers can be used for power ranges from 6VA to 1000VA.
2. Electrical control
Such as for current and voltage transformers. High precision, high stability transformer made by Berry transformer process. New high-performance magnetic materials such as permalloy soft magnetic materials, amorphous materials or nanocrystalline alloys can be used as magnetic cores, with precise intelligent instruments and special testing methods. It can ensure accurate transformer parameters and completely consistent performance.
3. Medical equipment
Berry transformers specially designed and manufactured for medical equipment. In addition to high efficiency, high reliability and high safety requirements. It also specially strengthens the electrical strength and improves the anti-humid heat performance. A thermal fuse is also required to be added inside the transformer to ensure reliability.
4. Application in other fields
Berry transformers can also be used in power inverters of various sizes, such as solar and wind power generation systems. This high-efficiency Berry transformer with a low-loss iron core can greatly improve the overall efficiency of the inverter power supply.
Please Click below Pictures for other Transformer Testers from Kingrun: